I have read a ton about the chia seed over the last few years. I discovered it for myself a while ago, and have been taking it here and there for a few years now. I am determined to add even more of the chia seed to my everyday life style. There are wonderful benefits that come from the chia seed. There are also numerous ways to incorporate to your daily meals and lifestyle.
Top 10 Reasons why I love the CHIA SEED
1. Aids in Weight Loss
2. Increases endurance
3. Increases energy ( No more energy drinks )
4. Prevents illness ( Remember, anything that boosts your immune system is going to help prevent you from getting sick, even when you are around people who have caught a nasty flu or cold. I haven’t been sick in almost a year and I know I can thank all of the great food I put in my body)
5. Fights disease. What a great way to fight any bad bacteria in your body, we want to keep ONLY good bacteria. Lets rewind a bit back to me not being sick an almost a year. The last time I was sick, I fought the cold on my own. I allowed my body to heal itself by eating foods that would help boost my immune system and fight the illness.
6. Helps improve nails, hair and skin. Who doesn’t want better looking nails, hair and skin? I sure do.
7. Is one of the most beneficial foods around. Add this to your diet! you will feel and see a difference.
8. Helps heal skin problems such as eczema, dry skin, and rashes.
9. Chia seed contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, amino acids, protein, and the wonderful omega-3 fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid.
(Benefits of Alpha-linolenic acid include, but are not limited to: Fighting heart disease, Lowers high cholesterol, decreases inflammation (specifically in Lungs), lowers high blood pressure and so much more)
10. Because of all of the great antioxidants,chia contains many anti-aging properties.
Okay I have to add one more! There are just so many wonderful things about the chia seed it is so hard to narrow it down to just 10.
11. Do you have a dog? Chia seed is wonderful for Dogs! just add a little chia seed gel to their diet to keep their coat looking shiny, and their body healthy and amazing.
A fun and interesting fact about the chia seed… The aztecs used the chia oil for their skin and hair. Pretty cool huh? I think so.
As stated before, there are so many ways to add the chia seed to your diet. You can bake with the seed, add it to salads, smoothies, food, you can even make your very own drink!
You can buy already made drinks at your local health/natural food stores. If you can, i suggest making your own. I do however, have a favorite brand from when I am on the go and don’t have time… MAMMA CHIA! =)
Hope this helped open your eyes to the benefits of the Chia Seed =)